The Interstate Renewable Energy Council hired Cynthia Finley as vice president—Workforce Strategy and Innovation. Finley will provide strategic direction and oversight of IREC’s workforce program, supporting growth of a highly-trained and inclusive clean energy workforce. This includes supporting the expected surge in demand for skilled workers as a result of growing markets from the Inflation Reduction Act and other federal policies.
Finley joins IREC from the Virginia Community College System, where she previously served as Director of Workforce Development Programs and Partnerships. Her background includes experience in higher education, workforce development, adult education, fiscal management, and research in building social capital for underserved communities.
Foley Hoag LLP hired Amanda Lefton, the former Director of the U.S. Department of Interior’s Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM), as senior policy director. Lefton will work with the firm’s clients in the renewable energy, climate solutions and environmental practices at both the federal and state levels, as a member of the firm’s Energy & Climate group. Lefton’s addition will strengthen the firm’s existing capabilities in strategic, regulatory, financial and policy matters in the clean technology and renewable energy industries. She joins the firm’s expanding teams in its New York and Washington, D.C. offices.
At the BOEM, Lefton spearheaded the Biden Administration’s offshore wind power agenda, including federal leasing, project reviews, and an array of policy and regulatory matters. She oversaw the agency’s employees and advanced an “all of government” approach to tackling the key issues, working closely with colleagues in leadership at the Department of Interior, White House, and other federal agencies and departments engaged in energy and environmental issues.
Powin Energy named Pablo Gonzalez its new chief technology officer. An experienced engineer specializing in product design, business strategy, and product innovation, in his new role Gonzalez will focus on leading major technology initiatives and creating big-picture strategies for bringing Powin’s energy storage solutions to the global market. Prior to Powin, Gonzalez held senior roles at Juno, Zume, Apple and Tesla, where from 2013 to 2016 he was Vice President of Engineering for the EV company’s Manufacturing Executive System team.
TeraWatt Infrastructure announced the hiring of Mike Englhard as senior vice president of development. Englhard has two decades of experience managing large-scale real estate projects at the national and regional level. At TeraWatt, his responsibilities will include leading project development and construction across the company’s expanding commercial EV charging portfolio and customer solutions. Englhard joins the charging company from MIG Real Estate, where he served as chief operating officer, and before that, held senior manager roles at Prologis, Oltmans Solar Development and Aimco. His experience includes retail, warehouse distribution, office space, renewable energy and residential property projects.
Yotta Energy announced that Ivy Williams is its new operations project manager. At the inverter company, Williams will be responsible for managing scheduling, scoping and budgets of assigned projects and determining the commercial operations date (COD).
Additional job moves provided by EnergeiaWorks:
Hassan Butt started a new position as director of sales at American Hyperion Solar.
Spencer Ingraham started a new position as senior manager, Estimator
at Leeward Renewable Energy.
Thomas Nelson started a new position as director of business development at Yotta Energy.
Celebrating 10 Years as North America’s leading renewable energy executive search and staffing firm.
VP, Business Development | West Palm Beach, FLAs VP of Business Development, you will be responsible for leading the commercial power origination efforts for the U.S. solar market. In this role, you will be a high performing leader in the organization who is capable of developing and mentoring a team to excel in identifying, communicating, and delivering value for utility scale PV solar customers across a wide spectrum of U.S. markets.
- Deliver on target volume, revenue, and margin goals for off-take agreements from PV solar projects
- Negotiate power contracts with counterparties in collaboration with stakeholders from functions across the organization
- Identify project acquisition opportunities through close familiarity with competitors
- Develop, lead, and mentor Business Development team in exploring creative deal structures to assist in differentiating product offering including super-peak energy products, firming and shaping structures, and establishing strategic partnerships with other forms of complementary generation
- Establish relationships with procurement, trading, and origination desks at utilities, muni’s, coop’s, C&I off-takers, investment banks and power marketers
- Drive power marketing “ideas” to definitive deliverables (financial models, term sheets, contracts) and timetables for execution
- Provide deal structure recommendations to minimize collateral requirements and support negotiation of financing arrangements
- RFP & Proposal Development – identify RFP opportunities and originate bilateral PPA targets outside formal RFP processes
- The successful candidate will have extensive previous experience leading power origination efforts and managing other individuals in this function.
- Candidates must have significant relationships and contacts across the U.S. power markets, and a familiarity with renewable energy commercial practices and evolving policies.
- A driven leader who has excelled as a hunter, possesses deep power markets expertise, and has successfully executed power purchase agreements (“PPAs”).
- Specific experience originating, pricing, structuring, and analyzing physical and financial PPAs is required.
- Experience working in CAISO, ERCOT, and/or PJM is preferred. Knowledge and contacts across market segments including IOUs, IPPs, Coops, Munis, Public Power, Government and Commercial and Industrial segments (including Data Centers) is highly preferable.
- 10+ years of experience in power origination and management roles
- Experience with PPA transactions across multiple power markets, customers, and deal structure types
- Advanced knowledge of power markets, customers, and segments in North America utility-scale solar market (IOUs, Coops, Munis, C&I companies, IPPs, government agencies, etc.)
- Ability to build strong customer relationships across organization levels
This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact: email@example.com.
By submitting this form you agree to pv magazine using your data for the purposes of publishing your comment.
Your personal data will only be disclosed or otherwise transmitted to third parties for the purposes of spam filtering or if this is necessary for technical maintenance of the website. Any other transfer to third parties will not take place unless this is justified on the basis of applicable data protection regulations or if pv magazine is legally obliged to do so.
You may revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future, in which case your personal data will be deleted immediately. Otherwise, your data will be deleted if pv magazine has processed your request or the purpose of data storage is fulfilled.
Further information on data privacy can be found in our Data Protection Policy.