Community solar+storage is still rock and roll to me


It seems as if community solar is evolving into community solar+storage. It’s the next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways – it’s still clean energy to me.

Recurrent Energy, subsidiary of Canadian Solar, has signed agreements with Silicon Valley Clean Energy and Monterey Bay Community Power,  two California Community Choice Aggregation (CCA) groups, to purchase 15 years of electricity from a 150 MW-AC, 45 MW / 180 MWh solar+energy storage power plant in Kings County, California.

This will be the largest solar+storage project signed with a CCA in California. The plant is scheduled to reach commercial operation in 2021, and the energy represented by the contracts is enough to power 37,500 homes, providing Silicon Valley Clean Energy with 55% of the electricity generated, and Monterey Bay with the other 45% of the combined output.

Further technical data on the project wasn’t released, however, there is a project named RE Slate 1, LLC that is a 300 MW-DC First Solar installation in Kings County, California.

This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact: