Hemlock Semiconductor Operations, a leading U.S. manufacturer of polysilicon for the semiconductor and solar industries, announced that Tara Zachariah has been promoted to Director of Communications. In this newly created role, Zachariah will lead the firm’s communications department and oversee a comprehensive, multi-faceted program that aligns external and internal communications functions. Additionally, Zachariah will continue to grow HSC’s visibility within the clean energy and sustainability communities, including by serving as liaison to the Clean Energy Buyers Alliance (CEBA). “HSC is a uniquely pivotal brand in the U.S. manufacturing landscape, one that is essential to both a low-carbon and digital world,” Zachariah said. “It is an honor to continue telling the HSC story and building company champions with a talented, expanding team.”
Wood Mackenzie, a portfolio company of Veritas Capital, has appointed Simon Crowe to its global executive leadership team as Chief Financial Officer. Crowe brings a wealth of experience in private and public companies in the US, Europe and Asia. He joins Wood Mackenzie after nearly five years as CFO of ERM, the world’s largest Sustainability and Environmental Consultancy where he played a key role in their rapid growth, diversification, and successful investment from KKR.
Enel X Way, the eMobility solutions group of Enel, appointed Alan Dowdell as Head of Sales and Marketing. Dowdell joins Enel after close to a decade in the mobility, EV charging and industrial market. Most recently, he was CEO of Wrightspeed Inc., now REVO Powertrain, an electric powertrain company for medium and heavy-duty vehicles, and before that, was Vice President of Business Development at ChargePoint Holdings, a national EV charging network operator. Earlier in his career, Dowdell held senior roles at Thermo Fischer Scientific and Corning.
Additional job moves provided by EnergeiaWorks:
Peter Toomey started a new position as Chief Development Officer at Cypress Creek Renewables
Eduard Tourani started a new position as Resource Engineer-in-training at BluEarth Renewables
Babu Balakrishnan started a new position as CEO at V2W Renewables Solutions
Celebrating 10 Years as North America’s leading renewable energy executive search and staffing firm.
- Build pipeline by both cold outreach and existing relationships/contacts as well as follow-up on inbound leads/opportunities.
- Identify, cultivate and manage go-to-market efforts. Engage and secure executed contracts with targeted customers.
- Create trusted and high integrity relationships with current clients, prospects, partners and key influencers.
- Work with sales leaders and legal on price negotiations and contract creation.
- Create & manage a pipeline of key partnership relationships to include: C&I solar, large solar asset owners, EPCs, farmers, and others that own solar projects.
- Work with Marketing to identify and execute on lead generation campaigns. Maintain CRM and keep management and other stakeholders apprised of pipeline health.
- Highly organized and able to adapt to rapidly changing market conditions.
- A self-starter who requires limited supervision.
- Ability to accurately forecast deal timelines.
- Territory will cover California and as we grow, the Southwest including Texas (regular, yet not intensive, travel should be expected)
- A strong understanding of corporate buying cycles and a “rolodex” of relationships with senior level decision-makers (VP and above)
- Understanding of solar project models, practices, and direction. Technical background preferred.
- Minimum of B.A. or B.S. undergraduate degree required.
- 3-5 years minimum work experience in renewable energy, energy efficiency, and/or energy/sustainability solutions sales.
- A proven record of $100K+ sales results, meeting or exceeding all quarterly and annual sales goals and financial metrics.
- Ability to demonstrate ROI to VP and C level executives, as well as interact with other key influencers such as sustainability, finance, facility managers and engineers.
This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact: email@example.com.
By submitting this form you agree to pv magazine using your data for the purposes of publishing your comment.
Your personal data will only be disclosed or otherwise transmitted to third parties for the purposes of spam filtering or if this is necessary for technical maintenance of the website. Any other transfer to third parties will not take place unless this is justified on the basis of applicable data protection regulations or if pv magazine is legally obliged to do so.
You may revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future, in which case your personal data will be deleted immediately. Otherwise, your data will be deleted if pv magazine has processed your request or the purpose of data storage is fulfilled.
Further information on data privacy can be found in our Data Protection Policy.