Enel Green Power named Paolo Romanacci as the new head of Enel Green Power North America, Inc. He succeeds Georgios Papadimitriou, who held the position since September 2018. Romanacci most recently served as head of renewable project execution overseeing Enel’s wind, solar, and battery storage construction in North and Central America, Africa, Asia and Oceania. He joined Enel in 2006 and has served in various roles around the world in business development, operations & maintenance and engineering & construction, including nearly three years as country manager for Enel Green Power in Mexico. He holds a degree in Aerospace, Aeronautics and Astronautical Engineering from the University of Rome La Sapienza and worked at NASA and private aerospace firms prior to his tenure at Enel.
Heliogen said that Stacey Abrams and Phyllis Newhouse have been nominated to join its Board of Directors upon closing of the company’s business combination with Athena Technology Acquisition Corp. Abrams serves as the CEO of Sage Works Production. In addition, she has served as the founder and executive director of Southern Economic Advancement Project since 2019. From 2007 to 2017, Ms. Abrams was a State Representative of the Georgia General Assembly and as the minority leader from 2011 to 2017. Abrams received a B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies from Spelman College, a Master of Public Affairs from the University of Texas Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, and a J.D. from Yale University. Newhouse is an entrepreneur; retired military senior NCO; mentor, founder and CEO of Atlanta-based cybersecurity firm XtremeSolutions; and a founder, CEO and director of Athena Technology Acquisition Corp. In 2019, she co-founded ShoulderUp, a nonprofit dedicated to connecting and supporting women in their entrepreneurial journeys. She currently serves on the boards of the Technology Association of Georgia and Sabre Corp. and is a member of the Business Executives for National Security. Newhouse holds a B.A. in Liberal Arts Science from Saint Leo College and is a graduate of the Institute of Entrepreneurial Leadership program sponsored by John F. Kennedy University.
Investment firm KKR launched a Sustainability Expert Advisory Council to complement its growing internal ESG capabilities by offering external perspectives on sustainability topics and advising the firm on ESG strategy and initiatives. Robert Eccles, visiting professor of Management Practice at the University of Oxford Saïd Business School, founding chairman of the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, and a founder of the International Integrated Reporting Council, will serve as Chair of the SEAC. Other members will include: Alexandra Givens, president and CEO of the Center for Democracy and Technology; Nat Keohane, president of the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions; Andrew Stern, senior fellow, Economic Security Project and President Emeritus of the Service Employees International Union; Roy Swan, head of Mission Investments at the Ford Foundation and former co-head of Morgan Stanley’s Global Sustainable Finance team; and Claudia Zeisberger, senior affiliate Professor of Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise at INSEAD and founder of the Global Private Equity Initiative.
Sponsored: Construction Manager, Kahului, Hawaii
The Construction Manager ensures that PV and Roofing projects are planned, coordinated and completed in a timely, efficient, effective and profitable manner. The Construction Manager will be held responsible for all aspects related to all projects on Maui (Residential and Commercial). Even though the Construction Manager delegates portions of their authority to other qualified personnel, they hold total responsibility for the Construction Department. The Construction Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily on-site construction activities for various types of projects including capital improvement, performance contracting, energy conservation and solar. The ideal candidate is present and proactive with resolving any construction site and personnel issues. Specific focus: monitoring job site safety and conducting job site safety meetings, supervising subcontractors and vendors, maintaining project schedules and interfacing directly with the customer. Successful candidates will also provide field support to the office-based Construction, Engineering and Project Development groups when required. In addition, this position is required to be able to lead in an effective manner promoting company goals and objectives while maintaining safety and an engaging work environment.
- Oversees the Construction department to ensure project goals are met while maintaining best installation and safety practices
- Maintains schedule and budget for all commercial projects on a weekly basis to ensure proper allocation or to make changes of personnel, materials and or equipment
- Meets on site with the team to ensure that all commercial projects are in line before they start construction.
- Ensures all photos and documentation are uploaded in a timely manner for bonus purposes and progress tracking and quality control
- Weekly reviews upcoming workload with PMs, supervisors, and coordinator to address issues, provide updates, create punch lists and follow through on these.
- Ensures materials, special parts, and heavy equipment are available and reserved with a minimum of two weeks in advance.
- Oversees and ensures that RFIs are processed in a timely manner, ensures that all failed RFIs are corrected within 48 hours by the same electrician.
- Provides technical expertise to supervisors, staff or for construction related any customer facing issues.
- Works with project coordinator to ensure proper allocation of teams based on the commercial or residential workload.
- Shifting personnel from one team to the other.
- Track kWs built to ensure quotas for the build rate are met weekly, monthly and annually.
- Visit job sites regularly to promote and enforce company practices and policies
- Ensures that safety requirements from OSHA and HIOSH standards are met by the construction team at all times and holding regular safety meetings.
- Standardize installation quality guidelines and ensure that weekly checks are performed on projects
- Meets weekly with the Director of Operations to ensure that the construction department’s performance is meeting the company’s goals regarding build rate and Job cost
- Provides support and communication to the customers if issues arise during the construction phase.
- Demonstrates the highest level of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with colleagues, customers, and vendors
- 7+ years of experience in managing teams in building and constructing solar, electrical, roofing, or other similar trades and/or equivalent education
- Experience in the overall integration of design engineering, construction, start-up, close-out, turnover and subsequent O&M of a variety of construction projects
- 30 hour OSHA training and certification
- Familiar with local and national building and electrical codes and permitting
- Demonstrates the ability to read and interpret plans for solar installations including but not limited to rooftop plans and Electrical SLDs.
- Valid Hawaii issued driver’s license and a clean driver’s record
- Experience in working with Microsoft word applications, Google suite, Netsuite, etc.
More information is available here.
This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact: email@example.com.