The Energy Storage Association (ESA), the national trade association for the U.S. energy storage industry, announced today the results of its board and officer elections. Each year, ESA holds open elections among its members, and the resulting Board of Directors also holds elections to select executive committee officers.
The 2018-2019 ballot included seven candidates for five open board positions and voting concluded at the Meeting of the Members during the ESA’s 28th Annual Energy Storage Conference and Expo in Boston. Directors who were re-elected or elected for the first time include:
- John D. Hewa, Rappahannock Electric Cooperative
- Zachary Kuznar, Ph.D, Duke Energy
- Juliana Mandell, ENGIE Storage
- Troy Miller, GE Power
- Charles Post, Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Directors who will continue their service to ESA include:
- Jacqueline DeRosa, Customized Energy Solutions
- Jeff Gates, Fresh Technologies
- Bill Holmes, K&L Gates LLP
- Craig R. Horne, Ph.D., Renewable Energy Systems
- Praveen Kathpal, Fluence
- Audrey Lee, Ph.D., Sunrun
- Peter Muhoro, Ph.D., National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation
“We are excited to welcome the diverse group of companies from across the storage value chain and the country to our board. Each member is invaluable in helping us reach our goal of 35 gigawatts of new energy storage systems in the United States by 2025,” said Kelly Speakes-Backman, CEO of ESA. “As the energy storage industry grows at an unprecedented pace, we value their leadership and knowledge shaping this exponential expansion within the energy markets.”
In addition, the new board gathered on May 10 to elect officers for the 2018-2019 cycle. As vice chair for 2017-2018, Craig R. Horne, Ph.D., Renewable Energy Systems (RES) ascended to become Board Chair, and former Chair Praveen Kathpal, AES Energy Storage, became Immediate Past Chair. Each officer elected will serve a one-year term.
The full roster of ESA’s Executive Committee and Officers includes:
- Board Chair: Craig R. Horne, Ph.D., Renewable Energy Systems
- Immediate Past Chair: Praveen Kathpal, Fluence
- Vice Chair: Troy Miller, GE Power
- Treasurer: Audrey Lee, Ph.D., Sunrun
- Secretary: Charles Post, Pacific Gas and Electric Company
The full list of members of ESA’s Board of Directors can be seen at:www.energystorage.org/about/board-of-directors.
About The Energy Storage Association
The Energy Storage Association (ESA) is the national trade association dedicated to energy storage, working toward a more resilient, efficient, sustainable and affordable electricity grid – as is uniquely enabled by energy storage. With more than 160 members, ESA represents a diverse group of companies, including independent power producers, electric utilities, energy service companies, financiers, insurers, law firms, installers, manufacturers, component suppliers and integrators involved in deploying energy storage systems around the globe. More information is available at: www.energystorage.org.