In 2017, pv magazine group launched pv magazine test, together with its partners, Clean Energy Associates (CEA) and Gsolar.
pv magazine test involves a range of indoor tests, as well as an outdoor performance test in Gsolar’s test facility in Xi’an, China. Some of these tests are standard in the industry, while others are innovative and provide data on important module quality and performance issues.
It is the first testing program of its kind to offer comprehensive, independent module testing with an expert third party witness present at all stages of the testing. This is a first in the PV industry, which, up until now, has conducted testing by one party with no outside expert witnesses.
pv magazine test involves a comprehensive series of procedures, addressing the most important issues in module quality and performance, including the following:
- Visual inspection
- EL image inspection
- Low irradiance and temperature behavior
- PID (Potential Induced Degradation) resistance
- LID (Light Induced Degradation) resistance, especially relevant to PERC modules. (Optional)
- Outdoor performance test
The added value of pv magazine test:
- An excellent way to demonstrate your reliability to investors using the high global visibility of the pv magazine trade media platform (print & online)
- Measurements performed in a 1st class laboratory in China
- Expert third-party witnessing of all testing procedures by Clean Energy Associates, a well-known advisory firm that has audited more than 125 manufacturers in the industry.
How does the test work?
Working alongside industry experts from CEA and Gsolar, pv magazine developed a comprehensive module testing program to provide the wide range of data required by PV investors, EPCs, developers and plant operators. The testing procedures are explained in the chart below:
One key aspect is the random sampling method, which ensures the modules being tested represent a cross-section of what is actually rolling off a manufacturer’s production line. More detailed descriptions of the testing procedures, provided by CEA’s Director of Technology and Quality, George Touloupas, are available in the following pv magazine publications:
- September 2017 issue of pv magazine (global edition), Method for the modules
- December 2017 issue of pv magazine (global edition), Building the benchmark
How do you benefit from pv magazine test?
As a module manufacturer, pv magazine test presents an ideal marketing opportunity to demonstrate the quality and reliability of your modules. It also lets you shine a light on cutting-edge new products, for example PERC or bifacial products.
Boost your reputation among investors by participating in the pv magazine test!
Benefit from pv magazine’s international reach:
- Results are published on the leading online sites in English, German, Chinese & Spanish
- Optional: Receive customized print-outs to give directly to your customers.
Is this of interest to you?
For more details about pv magazine test, and to receive a quotation, please get in touch with: